Monday, February 15, 2016

Paseo - North Seattle, WA

Paseo is a local place that many have been to, but it's still somewhat hidden amongst the artsy Seattle neighborhood of Fremont. I heard about it on the travel channel because they were known to sell out of their sandwiches daily. There is some history behind this place that I researched out of curiosity. The long lines were before Paseo closed down and switched ownership. At the time the closing was mysterious, but the news came out that the ownership was treating employees poorly. With new ownership, everything seems to be running well and their identity as a restaurant was never lost.

Paseo is tiny, has limited seating area, and can get packed out. But their sandwiches and other Cuban inspired cuisine are absolutely fantastic and are easy to take on the go. I visited this restaurant while exploring Fremont with my friend Alana. We went after a day at the Woodland Park Zoo nearby. The exterior is bright pink and shiny sheet metal, with lawn furniture seating outside during the warmer months. The staff was very friendly while ordering at the counter. I was blown away by the Paseo Press.. it goes up there with the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. The flavors just meld together beautifully. It is slow marinated pork, ham, swiss, banana peppers, carmelized onions, doused in a special tangy aioli on a crispy, toasty roll. Grab napkins and be prepared to get messy. I just barely finished this sandwich, so you may either share or come home with leftovers. Go to Paseo, get a Paseo press and enjoy the best Cuban Seattle has to offer. Please bring your dire hunger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment